Healthy Mediterranean Pinto Bean Recipe
Prep and Cook Time: Prep and cooking time: 15 min; 30 min to marinate
- 1 large ripe tomato, seeds and excess pulp removed, diced
- 2 TBS finely minced onion
- 4 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 TBS balsamic vinegar
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 4 TBS chopped fresh parsley
- pinch red chili flakes
- salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 cups or 1 15 oz can (BPA free) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- Optional: 1/2 of 2 oz can rinsed and chopped anchovies
- Mince onions and press garlic and let sit for at least 5 minutes to enhance their health-promoting properties.
- Mix together all ingredients, except beans, in a bowl.
- Drain and rinse bean well. Toss beans with rest of ingredients. Let marinate for about 30 minutes before serving.
We’re enthused to match George Matlejon’s research, talents and the World’s Healthiest Foods content with IQYOU, the world’s most intelligent personal health tool. You can get your FREE access to see what George has dreamed-up to match your unique individual nutrient needs, Click Here>>