Delicious Golden Squash Soup Packed with Vitamin A
Easy is the plan for tonight’s dinner. You deserve easy tonight!
Warm-up to this mouth-watering soup and go-ahead, have another bowl. This is not only flavorful, but it’s packed with 279% of your vitamin A for the day. Vitamin A is in the retinoids and carotenoids to benefit eyesight and more. Bon Appetit! This easy-to-prepare soup is a favorite among many of our readers.
Golden Squash Soup
Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 medium-sized butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 TBS chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 TBS + 2-3/4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 6 oz canned coconut milk
- 2 TBS chopped fresh cilantro
- salt & white pepper to taste
- Chop onion and garlic and let sit for 5-10 minutes to enhance their health-promoting benefits.
- Peel and cut squash.
- Heat 1 TBS broth in medium soup pot. Healthy Sauté onion in broth over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until translucent.
- Add garlic and ginger, and continue to sauté for another minute. Add turmeric and curry powder, and mix well. Add squash and broth, and mix. Bring to a boil on high heat. Once it comes to a boil reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered until squash is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Place in blender and blend with coconut milk. Make sure you blend in batches filling blender only half full. Start on low speed, so hot soup does not erupt and burn you. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Thin with a little broth if needed. Season to taste with salt and white pepper. Reheat, and add cilantro.
We’re enthused to match George Matlejon’s research, talents and the World’s Healthiest Foods content with IQYOU, the world’s most intelligent personal health tool. You can get your FREE access to see what George has dreamed-up to match your unique individual nutrient needs, go to My Recipes in your IQYOU account Click Here>>