Try this quick recipe which combines chicken, Dijoin mustard and tarragon to provide a healthy (and very tasty) way of eating chicken. By combining these fresh herbs, it’s a great way to provide wonderful flavor to your meals and to add extra beneficial nutrients. Enjoy!
15-Minute Sautéed Chicken Breasts with Mustard and Tarragon
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 medium onion cut in half and sliced medium thick
- 5 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 TBS Dijon mustard
- 1 TBS + 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 TBS chopped fresh tarragon (or 1 tsp dried tarragon)
- 2 TBS chopped fresh parsley (or 2 tsp dried parsley)
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Slice onion and press garlic and let sit for 5-10 minutes to bring out their hidden health benefits.
- Heat 1 TBS broth in a 10-12 inch stainless steel skillet. Healthy Sauté onion in broth over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- While onions are sautéing, cut chicken into pieces. Add chicken pieces and continue to sauté for another 3 minutes, stirring frequently to seal chicken on all sides. Add garlic and continue to sauté for another minute.
- Add mustard, 1/2 cup broth, and honey. Mix thoroughly and simmer uncovered for about 7-8 minutes on medium-high heat stirring occasionally to cook chicken evenly. This will also reduce sauce.
- While chicken is cooking, chop herbs and add at end with salt and pepper to taste.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with
- Mediterranean Swiss Chard
We’re enthused to match George Matlejon’s research, talents and the World’s Healthiest Foods content with IQYOU, the world’s most intelligent personal health tool. You can get your FREE access to see what George has dreamed-up to match your unique individual nutrient needs, go to My Recipes in your IQYOU account Click Here>>