Ginger, Cinnamon and Fennel Highlight this Flavorful Dish
(From the World’s Healthiest Foods Connection within IQYOU!)
You’ll feel like you’re in the orient, with a twist! With the fennel, cinnamon and other herbs, this is a dish that you’ve never tasted before. It’s a delicious combination of spices and herbs that truly make magic together.
Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 oz each), cut in 2-inch pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 inch sliced fresh ginger, sliced (or 1/2 tsp dried ginger)
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 star anise
- 1/2 tsp dried fennel seeds
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped in big pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped in big pieces
- 6 whole medium dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 lb green beans, ends cut off
- 1/2 cup minced scallions
- Chop onion and garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out their hidden health-promoting benefits.
- Healthy Sauté onion in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic and continue to sauté for another minute. Add chicken broth, ginger, cloves, cinnamon stick, star anise, fennel seeds, and shiitake mushrooms. Turn heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While broth is simmering, cut ends off beans and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Strain broth mixture (saving shiitake mushrooms) and put liquid back into pan. Bring to a boil, add chicken pieces and green beans, and cook on medium heat for 7-10 minutes. You may need to skim the surface a little while chicken pieces are cooking. Slice shiitake mushrooms and add to chicken and broth. Add scallion as well as salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with brown rice.
For optimum flavor and nutrition serve with:
We’re enthused to match George Matlejon’s research, talents and the World’s Healthiest Foods content with IQYOU, the world’s most intelligent personal health tool. You can get your FREE access to see what George has dreamed-up to match your unique individual nutrient needs, Click Here>>