(From the World’s Healthiest Foods Connection within IQYOU!)
Apples are a tasty and amazing fruit which studies now prove new benefits of this daily staple for your daily snack.
- The phytonutrients in apples can help you regulate your blood sugar. Recent research has shown that apple polyphenols can help prevent spikes in blood sugar; lessen absorption of glucose from the digestive tract; stimulate the beta cells of the pancreas to secrete insulin; and to increase uptake of glucose from the blood via stimulation of insulin receptors. All of these mechanisms triggered by apple polyphenols can make it easier for you to regulate your blood sugar.
- The apple has been shown to benefit in the prevention of heart disease through healthy regulation of blood fat levels. Recent research has shown that intake of apples in their whole food form can significantly lower many of our blood fats.
- The whole food form of apples is satiating and reduces food consumption and calories. When healthy adults consumed one medium-sized apple approximately 15 minutes before a meal, their caloric intake at that meal decreased by an average of 15% (186 calories in an average meal).
- Scientists have recently shown that important health benefits of apples may stem from their impact on bacteria in the digestive tract. As a result of these bacterial changes, there appears to be more fuel available to the large intestine cells (in the form of butyric acid) after apple is consumed.
- Several anti-cancer studies show daily intake of this fruit to provide better anti-cancer benefits. So there may be some truth to that old phrase, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away!” You don’t have to have an apple a day, but you should eat the recommended 2-3 whole fresh fruits per day.
Apples provide numerous health benefits including:
- Antioxidant properties
- Cardiovascular support
- Blood sugar regulation
- Lung health support
- Anti-asthma benefits
You can get your FREE access to the IQYOU Foods: Click Here>>