This recipe is loaded with Vitamin K, A and B Vitamins – Just what the doctor ordered…
This is a great Mediterranean-style salad. The bulgur does not need to be cooked, just softened, because it has already been steamed, dried, and cracked. Enjoy!
Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup wheat bulgur (dry), makes 2 cups after combining with liquid
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, press or chopped
- 3 cups minced fresh parsley
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice or wine vinegar
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place 1 cup wheat bulgur and salt to taste in a bowl. Pour 2 cups boiling water or broth over the bulgur, stir once and let sit for 15-20 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Mince onion and press or chop garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out their hidden health properties.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
For added flavor you may want to add more olive oil and lemon juice.
We’re enthused to match George Matlejon’s research, talents and the World’s Healthiest Foods content with IQYOU, the world’s most intelligent personal health tool. You can get your FREE access to see what George has dreamed-up to match your unique individual nutrient needs, go to My Recipes in your IQYOU account Click Here>>