This dish was created to provide you with a great tasting and easy way to boost your body with an abundance of zinc. Eat this once a week and you will have no worries about getting this important mineral in your diet.
|Prep and Cook Time: 40 minutes|
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 medium stalks celery, dicedinto 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 cups + 1 TBS chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 10 oz jar of shucked fresh oysters, drained and rinsed (if you can get small ones it is best)
- 10 oz can of whole clams, drained and rinsed (if available, use fresh clams and steam open in soup)
- 1 TBS dried Italian herbs
- 2 TBS fresh chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare onion, garlic, and celery. Heat 1 TBS broth in medium soup pot. Healthy Sauté onion, garlic, and celery in broth over medium heat for about 5 minutes stirring often.
- Add rest of broth, tomato sauce, and Italian herbs. Simmer for another 25 minutes.
- Drain and rinse both oysters and clams. If oysters are big, add to chowder about 2 minutes before canned clams. Heat for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Serving Suggestions Serve with
Healthy Cooking Tips:
It’s important to use good quality oysters and clams. Make sure you don’t add clams or oysters too soon. They will get tough and rubbery when they are over cooked. Give your soup a chance to cook and get a flavorful broth before adding them. They will cook quickly once added.
We’re enthused to match George Matlejon’s research, talents and the World’s Healthiest Foods content with IQYOU, the world’s most intelligent personal health tool. You can get your FREE access to see what George has dreamed-up to match your unique individual nutrient needs, go to My Recipes in your IQYOU account Click Here>>