Try this delicious combination of seaweed and shiitake mushrooms to add an extra boost of minerals, especially iodine, to your Healthiest Way of Eating. Aahhh!
Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
• 6 whole dried medium shiitake mushrooms
• 6 cups warm water
• 4 medium-sized pieces wakame seaweed
• 1 medium onion, quartered and sliced thin
• 3 medium cloves garlic, chopped
• 2 TBS minced fresh ginger
• 2 TBS dry vegetable stock powder
• 2 TBS chopped dulse seaweed
• 2 TBS soy sauce
• 1 TBS rice vinegar
• 3 TBS minced scallion greens for garnish
• salt and white pepper to taste
1. Rinse mushrooms and wakame and soak in 2 cups of warm water for about 10 minutes, or until soft. Save water.
2. Heat 1 TBS mushroom-seaweed water in medium-sized soup pot. Add onion and Healthy Sauté over medium heat for about 5 minutes stirring frequently. Add garlic and ginger and continue to sauté for another minute.
3. When mushrooms and wakame are soft, slice the mushrooms thin and chop the seaweed. Cut out stems when slicing mushrooms and discard. Add to soup pot along with soaking water, and 4 more cups of water and dry vegetable stock. Bring to a boil on high heat.
4. Add dulse.
5. Once it returns to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes. Season with soy sauce, rice vinegar, salt, and pepper. Add minced scallion and serve.
We’re enthused to match George Matlejon’s research, talents and the World’s Healthiest Foods content with IQYOU, the world’s most intelligent personal health tool. You can get your FREE access to see what George has dreamed-up to match your unique individual nutrient needs, go to My Recipes in your IQYOU account Click Here>>